All you need to know about preparing your walls for painting to give you a perfect long-lasting finish.
1. All surfaces must be clean, firm and thoroughly dry before painting.
2. Fill all defects with the appropriate Polycell filler.
3. For new cement plaster, concrete and bagged walls: Seal with Plascon Bonding Liquid or Plascon Plaster Primer. The latter is preferred for coastal regions.
4. For previously painted cement plaster, concrete and bagged walls in poor condition: Strip paint completely by most appropriate means (e.g. scraping or coarse sanding and proceed as for new surfaces).
5. Allow 16 hours of drying time before adding the top coat of your choice.